Eight years ago I was mom to two "big boys" and two "little ones".
Some of our homeschool friends decided to put on The Wizard of Oz.
The big boys went to practice every week while I watched the little ones
and helped with costumes, sets and props.
It was a big project directed by my friend Cathy.
Aaron was cast as one of the farmhands, Hickory
and also played an Ozian later in the show.
Here he is with his friend Michael who played Zeke.
The big boys went to practice every week while I watched the little ones
and helped with costumes, sets and props.
It was a big project directed by my friend Cathy.
Aaron was cast as one of the farmhands, Hickory
and also played an Ozian later in the show.
Here he is with his friend Michael who played Zeke.
Ryan was twelve at the time and had the title role of
the Wizard himself. He also played a munchkin in the show.
The little ones really enjoyed The Wizard of Oz.
In fact, I snapped a picture of them waiting for the show to start.
in a number of different plays.
But never in The Wizard of Oz . . .
until now!
Although I missed most of the practices caring for my mom,
I was able to be there for the final week. Once again I
helped with costumes, sets and props.
Once again, we used lots of glitter.
Once again, my friend Cathy directed the show.
And once again, I have a twelve year old son who played
The Wizard!
Evan also played Professor Marvel (in a gold turban!) and the gatekeeper.
Marianne didn't quite look like herself, but she gave fantastic performances
and Miss Gulch and The Wicked Witch!

And what about those big boys?
This time Ryan was in the audience, with his wife and baby girl.
Aaron will get to watch the video when he's home from college at Thanksgiving.
What a difference eight years makes!
This time Ryan was in the audience, with his wife and baby girl.
Aaron will get to watch the video when he's home from college at Thanksgiving.
What a difference eight years makes!
3 comments:
I love when things come full circle!
Wish we were closer. We love plays.
That's really cool! You have got some talented, fun kids!
Post a Comment