After a few reminder emails (and even a bit of last-minute nagging) my inbox was filled with some amazing letters! Some were filled with wise advice, some included scripture references and quotations and some were funny. My brother Jason sent such a detailed letter, even listing the duties of a deacon, that it would make a perfect family home evening lesson! My brother-in-law Mark even sent a photo of himself at age 12. My sister-in-law Susan took the time to write a letter about Evan's Grandpa who passed away a few years ago. It was especially fun to read the letters from Evan's slightly older cousins who are still deacons and teachers. All of the letters were different, but each one was heartfelt and perfect!
Once I had all the letters, I went online to Snapfish and made a book. I found a photo of each priesthood holder and included it next to his letter. On the last page, I included Evan's line of priesthood authority that goes back to the Savior.
On the Sunday before his birthday, Evan had his interview with the bishop. When we came home, we gave him his photo book. He was pretty amazed by it and spent the afternoon reading through all the letters.
It is great blessing for Evan to have so many priesthood holders in his family. I am grateful to each of them for taking the time to write a letter. And more importantly, for being a good example to him!
Marianne is an inch or two taller than Evan,
but he stood on tiptoe for this photo.
Let's hope he always remembers to
stand a little taller!
4 comments:
I love that idea for a book and the letters! That is so funny about the picture!
What a wonderful keepsake for Evan to have! I love that idea:) congrats to Evan on such a great milestone.
Wow I wish I had thought of this for Brett last month! You are such an amazing mom! You inspire me! Congrats to Evan!
I love this idea Melanie! Awesome! Evan is a lucky boy.
Post a Comment