Thursday, March 12, 2009

Coooool

I'll be the first to admit it. . . I'm not very cool. I have lots of good qualities, but coolness is not among them. I've never read Twilight and I'm not even on Facebook. Can you believe it?!

See, I thought I was being so original with a contest to guess Ryan's mission call. Then I find out that everyone does that on Facebook, AND they all offer prizes of much more than $10. Oh well.

Instead of being cool, I surround myself with cool people. . . like you!

Some of the coolest people I know have birthdays in March.

Ryan 3/12
Here is my handsome son looking like something out of GQ
He turns 19 today!!!
(If I was cooler I could come up with a more trendy magazine, but alas, I'm not. I also wouldn't use words like "alas")

Evan 3/2
He is so cool that he has trained his mother not to use the word "cute" when referring to him or anything related to him. Doesn't he look cool as a skier?!

Lacy 3/11
My cool sister-in-law, who is married to my cool brother and has the cutest 1 year-old on earth. (Evan says it's okay to call babies "cute") Be sure to check out Lacy's very cool blog:
Funtalia


Cammi 3/19
My coolest almost 5-year-old niece doesn't know how to spell "cool" but sure can pull it off! She loves to pose for pictures, look cute and be in charge.

Jennifer 3/20
She is another one of my cool nieces, this time from John's side of the family. Here is a peek into her studio. She is a real, live professional artist. In other words, she actually gets paid for her amazing work. You can check out her portfolio HERE

Jenny 3/21
Jenny has been cool every since she was born. Trust me, I've known her that long! You can tell she is a cool mom by the sunglasses. Cool people always seem to be wearing sunglasses, don't they?! She doesn't actually own an iphone, but she REALLY wants one, so that should count for something. Her dreams are much cooler than mine. You can read about them Here and Here

Brad 3/25
Sadly, I couldn't find an actual picture of my cool nephew Brad (again from John's side) on my computer, BUT I did find this picture of the cool view from Brad's house! And he'd better enjoy it because he won't have this view forever. He's getting married and will have his own view, although I'm sure his parents will still share. After all, he is wonderful pianist and always does the dishes without being asked. His wife-to-be is one lucky girl!


Denise 3/27
The original cool sister-in-law. She can cook or quilt or sew anything cool with lightning fast speed. She takes cool pictures, wears cool jewelry and like most cool people has an iphone.

Dallin 3/30
Last, but not least is my cool nephew (finally on MY side!). He has more energy than my whole family put together and can talk faster than Denise can craft! He is turning 8 and that's one of the coolest birthdays of all because he will get baptized.


Happy Birthday to all of the COOL people in my life!

9 comments:

jenna said...

I love your blog! March is one of my spelling words

tawnya said...

You are SO not missing anything with Twilight...

LaRae said...

Wow - you do know lots of cool people with March birthdays! I'll add one more for you - though not as close of a family member - but your cousin's little boy Benjamin turns 3 on Jenny's birthday - that must make him doubly cool! And for the record - I think you're cool too!

David said...

I thought you messed up Jenny's name and birthday for a second

Bryn said...

Melanie, you are soooo cool. I love your blog posts! I can't believe what a busy month March is for your family! March is full of cool people birthdays! Ryan is looking so GQ Missionary style. Can Curtis and Allie have their own guesses?

Melanie said...

Bryn,

Each member of the family can have their own guess, although you might be pushing it with Riley ;0)

Annalisa said...

yah! you're cool people are really cool...i'm going to do a cooool post too. fyi--i only read the first twilight book and i'm on facebook, but canceled twice thinking i'd withstand the urge to connect with friends of friends who might remember me? so far, i'm still a facebooker. anyway! happy birthday to all your cool peeps.

The Family Rasheed said...

Very COOL post! I am sure you have coolness because as "they" say, "it takes one to know one!!"

Rachel said...

My sister is cool and born in March. Also, I just read your little blerb about duct tape being used to subdue unruly children and I laughed and laughed!
Happy birthday, everyone!