Saturday, March 7, 2009

Counting My Blessings

Well, maybe not ALL of them. Why don't I just start with 10 of the many blessings I have received this week. . .

1. John started his new job!!
2. He gets his company car next week so all 3 of the drivers at our house won't have to share one van.

3. Evan got his Arrow of Light award and became a Boy Scout.
4. He also won 3rd place in his last Pinewood Derby.

5. Marianne begged me to get up early last Sunday so we could get a good seat for Stake Conference. You can read more on her blog.
6. I got to watch my kids meet Elder L. Tom Perry and shake his hand.
7. Aaron promised an apostle of the Lord that he is preparing to serve a mission.
8. Ryan had his interview with his bishop at BYUI and will submit his mission papers soon.

9. I finished two very uplifting and inspiring books this week: Three Cups of Tea and In His Steps.
10. Evan & I got to see a Civil War battle re-enactment and hear Abraham Lincoln recite his Gettysburg Address and Second Inaugural Address. I love Lincoln!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great bunch of kids you have! I am impressed. Tell me your secret?

LaRae said...

So glad John got a new job and a new car! How cool for our kids to get to meet Elder Perry. We have stake conference this weekend, but it's a broadcast from Salt Lake. Have you had a broadcast stake conference before? This is our 2nd.

Janae said...

Great post:) I love your list, and glad you have two future missionaries:)