Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good, Good, Good, Good Eleven!

I loved watching Saturday morning cartoons as a kid and I am old enough that I watched Schoolhouse Rock in between my favorite shows. Today I want to reminisce about "Good Eleven". Click HERE to watch Good Eleven and to find the rest of the Multiplication Rock videos without searching all over youtube!

I am blessed to have my very own Good Eleven who "never gave me any trouble" and "will always be a friend of mine!"

Here he is with his birthday pancakes.

He continued his tradition of making his own birthday cake.
Can you tell he loves exclamation points?
If you look back through my posts, you'll figure out that he inherited this from his mother.
I usually read through my writing and delete a few exclamation points before posting, but I'm glad Evan didn't edit any of his.

On Saturday he had a party with a few of his buddies.
In keeping with his "Good Eleven" theme, it was very easy on Mom!
Dad took the boys hiking and they made the 7 mile trek on Iron Mountain.
Afterwords, they were all ready for pizza, cake and ice cream.
You'll notice that I provided a few veggies, but I didn't get many takers.


On Monday we celebrated by going out to lunch at Jamba Juice and heading over to ToysRUs to pick out THIS . . .


We have a long family history of remote control cars that have broken within the first week of ownership. Fortunately, ToysRUs now has an insurance program for 15 months for only $9.

We rounded out the birthday festivities with Grandma, Grandpa & cousins coming over for dinner (Evan chose Hawaiian Haystacks), ANOTHER cake made by Evan and even more presents!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful boy!!
And long live the exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Evan! What fun traditions...we love School House Rock. The kids listen to the CD of it in the car.

Jessica said...

What a cute boy! He looks so happy. I love the pancakes :)

LaRae said...

Happy 11th Evan! It looks like you've had quite the celebration! I love exclamation point too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristy said...

Oooh Miles would love that racecar. He is looking forward to his Speed Racer birthday in April!Happy Birthday Evan!

Lacy said...

Happy Birthday Evan! I can't believe you are already 11! It looks like you had a great birthday.