How did you spend your Saturday night?
We all had a chance to try something new.
We all had a chance to try something new.
MONSTER TRUCK JAM.
(It was so exciting I thought it deserved all caps)
They were invited by a friend of ours who had tickets to this sold-out event.
He wisely advised everyone to bring earplugs.
The highlight of the evening was the demolition derby,
but the remote control cars were also very popular.
Evan said,
"The best part was when Gravedigger lost a wheel and
when El Toro Loco flipped over and lost a horn."
Aaron described the crowd as,
"Raucous, drunk and less educated."
I admit that I may fall into the "less educated" group
because I had to use my dictionary to figure out how to spell "raucous".
I decided to double-check the definition as long as I was there.
*******
Marianne and I also spend the evening trying something new,
although we didn't use earplugs.
We decided to try making "Art Trading Cards".
Marianne's are all cute and mine have a Shakespeare theme.
If you've never heard of these cards,
you can read a little about them on my very creative friend Shonda's blog.
My kids and I were invited to try making these cards
by a friend of mine. She is a great artist and a fabulous art teacher.
We're going to have a trading day in a couple of months.
Let me know if you want to join us, it should be really fun!
You can see some of Angela's work here.
You might even want to check out the rest of her site, she's got some great stuff.
Hopefully it will inspire you to try something new
(Earplugs are optional!)
Marianne's are all cute and mine have a Shakespeare theme.
If you've never heard of these cards,
you can read a little about them on my very creative friend Shonda's blog.
My kids and I were invited to try making these cards
by a friend of mine. She is a great artist and a fabulous art teacher.
We're going to have a trading day in a couple of months.
Let me know if you want to join us, it should be really fun!
You can see some of Angela's work here.
You might even want to check out the rest of her site, she's got some great stuff.
Hopefully it will inspire you to try something new
(Earplugs are optional!)
4 comments:
now that is definitely thinking of activities outside the box, right? I love the tie in of the earplugs for both activities - hey, that crafting can get crazy sometimes.. the cards turned out cute!
Miles would LOVE (all in caps) the monster truck jam! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend.
Man. I so have a boy considering I can turn my head and see a small El Toro and Gravedigger on my floor...
Sigh. I never thought I would grow up and know the names of Monster Trucks!
The cards are cute and honestly, who doesn't love a little bit of Monster Truck Rally every once and a while?
Post a Comment