Saturday, January 10, 2009

In Pursuit of an Education

I realize that you may not be interested in what I read last year, but I was inspired by Jenny and Tawnya's book lists and I decided to do a couple myself.

I've got my "To Be Read in 2009" list over on the side bar. Hopefully, putting it in writing before all of you will help me keep my commitments.

It's also uplifting for me to see that I actually did accomplish something (that wasn't undone within minutes or hours!) last year.

Books Read 2008

Title

Author

Date

w/kids x

partial *

Boy in the Striped Pajamas

John Boyne

January 2008


The Real Thomas Jefferson

Andrew Allison

January 2008


Real Simple: Celebrations


January 2008


Beowulf

Seamus Heaney

January 2008


Beowulf: A New Telling

Robert Nye

January 2008


Anatomy of Peace

Arbinger Institute

February 2008


On Writing, Editing and Publishing

Jacques Barzun

February 2008


The Hiding Place

Corrie Ten Boom

February 2008


The Great Good Thing

Roderick Townley

February 2008


Rebecca

Daphne DuMaurier

March 2008


Wuthering Heights

Emily Bronte

March 2008


God’s Smuggler

John Sherrill

March 2008


The Real George Washington

Andrew Allison

March 2008

*

The Jackrabbit Factor

Leslie Householder

March 2008


Much Ado About Nothing

William Shakespeare

April 2008


Much Ado About Nothing

Shakespeare Can Be Fun

Lois Burdett

April 2008

x

A Whole New Mind

Daniel Pink

April 2008


Winston Churchill

James Humes

April 2008


Ink on His Fingers

Louise A. Vernon

May 2008

x

21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership

John Maxwell

May 2008


The Forgotten Man

Amity Shlaes

May 2008

*

Boundaries

Dr. Henry Cloud

May 2008


Great Decisions of the U.S. Supreme Court

Maureen Harrison & Steve Gilbert

June 2008


Ender’s Shadow

Orson Scott Card

June 2008


Captivating

Stasi Eldredge

June 2008


Wild At Heart

John Eldredge

June 2008






Emperors of Chocolate

Joel Glenn Brenner

July 2008


Chocolate Fever

Robert Kimmel Smith

July 2008

x

Castaways in Lilliput

Henry Winterfield

July 2008

x

The Business of Heart

Michael Glauser

July 2008


Good to Great

Jim Collins

July 2008

*

The Hawk That Dare Not Hunt by Day

Scott O’Dell

August 2008

x

7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Stephen Covey

August 2008


Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee

Charles Shields

Summer 2008


Taming of the Shrew

William Shakespeare

September 2008


The Chosen

Chaim Potok

September 2008


Mornings on Horseback

David McCullough

September 2008


Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

David Pirsig

October 2008

*

True Believer

Eric Hoffer

October 2008

*

Crucial Conversations

Kerry Patterson

October 2008

*

Understanding The Times

David Noebel

October 2008


The Story of My Life

Helen Keller

October 2008


Miracle Worker

William Gibson

October 2008


Helen Keller

Leslie Garrett

October 2008


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

J. K. Rowling

November 2008


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

J. K. Rowling

November 2008


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

J. K. Rowling

November 2008


The 5,000 Year Leap

Cleon Skousen

November 2008


The Great Divorce

C.S. Lewis

December 2008


Nutcracker

E.T.A. Hoffman

December 2008


Outliers

Malcolm Gladwell

December 2008

*

Twelve Days of Christmas

Betty Van Orden

December 2008




2 comments:

tawnya said...

Blah! It always startles me to see my name on someone's blog!

I love keeping track of what I read. Mainly to remind me, but DEFINITELY more since I don't read as often due to Sammy.

(and I ALWAYS love seeing what other read...gives me ideas!)

ferntyler said...

love the book lists - It's amazing how quickly they add up when you start writing down your reading (and actually reading more).. I read 3 cups of tea and liked it - so there's some motivation for 2009 reading :)