I woke up yesterday morning to the good news that Prop 8 had passed! I had expected to feel elated. After all, I had spent many hours working on the campaign. Instead, this thought came into my mind, "You have done well, but this is only the beginning. Much more is expected of you." I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I do know that I need to work harder at opening my mouth and speaking up for truth and righteousness.
Today I opened up my local paper to find an opinion article written by a dear friend of mine. It has nothing to do with Prop 8, but it has everything to do with making a stand for honor. The article quotes the words of John Adams in reminding us that our "constitution was made only for a religious and moral people."
I met my friend Shireen many years ago when I was a new homeschooler. Aaron was in a gardening club with her oldest son. She was a great example to me as an experienced homeschooler and helped give me confidence that I really could do it!
Today she continues to inspire and encourage me through her writing. She not only took the time to write an essay, but she submitted it to the newspaper and got it published! Shireen is a very busy mom who also works with her husband in their business and volunteers in the community. She doesn't have time to write an article--but she did it any way!
I hope you will take a few minutes to read her article "Where is honor?" HERE
Then take a few more minutes to decide how you can heed Shireen's call to "become involved and stand up in this fight against moral decay and corruption."
Shireen is only one person but she made a difference. We all need to follow her example and work to strengthen the power of one.
Each of us can and should make a difference by standing up and speaking out!
2 comments:
I was happy when I heard it passed, but I have also been a little sick watching the news and seeing the fight has only just begun. The article is very inspiring. I love the words by John Adams, so true.
What a fantastic article! It perfectly reflects exactly what is going on. Thank you for sharing
Post a Comment