Today my Dad celebrated his 68th birthday!
Here is my Dad & his sister Sherrie. Aren't they cute?
I love these hand colored photos.
Here is my Dad & his sister Sherrie. Aren't they cute?
I love these hand colored photos.
My Dad as a handsome high school student.On the corner of this picture he wrote "To My Anne. Love, Bob"
My parents were childhood sweethearts.

As a little girl, I loved spending time with my Dad. When I was pre-school age we lived across the street from the university where he taught. I remember him taking me to the school with him and walking through crunchy fall leaves.
My Dad taught me how to read with homemade flash cards before I went to school.
I think he was more excited than I was.
I've loved to read ever since!
My dad was the bishop of our ward when I was young and our ward had huge geographical boundaries. So my dad spent a lot of time driving. Sometimes he took me with him when he went to visit ward members. I loved going with him and I felt so grown up.
Here's my dad with Jenny and me.
Isn't this the funniest 1980s picture?!

When I went away to college, my Dad wanted to make sure I was well prepared. He gave me a tool kit and a flashlight. I was the only girl in my dorm with tools and it came in very handy when we wanted to "fix" our windows so that they opened more than 4 inches.
Tonight we celebrated with dinner at the Prado.

Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

1 comment:
You all look great at the Prado, but i really love the old picture with your dad and you and jenny - hope he had a grea day :)
Post a Comment