Today is the 221st anniversary of the signing of the Constitution of the United States of America.I am grateful to the founding mothers and fathers of our country. I am grateful to the many people who have sacrificed so that the constitution of our country could be written, ratified and upheld.Brigham Young wrote,
When the day comes in which the Kingdom of God will bear rule, the flag of the United States will proudly flutter unsullied on the flag staff of liberty and equal rights, without a spot to sully its fair surface; the glorious flag our fathers have bequeathed to us will then be unfurled to the breeze by those who have power to hoist it aloft and defend its sanctity.
How long will it be before the words of the prophet Joseph will be fulfilled? He said if the Constitution of the United States were saved at all it must be done by this people. It will not be many years before these words come to pass.
What are we doing to save and protect the founding document of our country?
4 comments:
I was going to call you and remind you what day ir is, I didn't have to. You are already on top of things. Luv ya.
Thanks for the reminder! We are so lucky!
That was an inspiring post! It's so sad that we live in a country with so many rights and freedoms and so many people who take it for granted. I for one am utterly grateful for the many sacrifices of those who have served, battled, and died in defense of not only this country's rights, but have also helped to protect the rights of others!!!!
very astute observation about the day, AND nice blog commenting, i'll bring you your earrings on Sunday - I can't think of anyone that deserves it more, i mean, you are the president of my fan club, after all :)
Post a Comment