Monday, September 29, 2008

I am officially a mean mom!

I don't buy over-the-top sugary cereals. But I do buy cereal like: Frosted Mini-Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios and Honey Bunches of Oats. I guess that words like "wheat" and "honey" make me feel like the cereal is at least remotely healthy.

While I am being nominated for mean mom of the year award, Ryan is a finalist for "Brother of the Year"!

Today Evan received a package from his big brother. Can you guess what was inside?
A box of Lucky Charms sent all the way from Rexburg, Idaho.

Ryan, if you're taking orders, Marianne wants Cookie Crisps.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I was just telling my mom that i am a BAD mother because I DO buy that crap for my kids. My husband likes the stuff so i can't very well let him have them and not the kids!!

ferntyler said...

hilarious - my mom didn't buy any sugary cereals for us except for on christmas morning - now I love it myself, so I buy Fruit Loops all the time - you go, Ryan - free the people!

Janae said...

I am amazed you made it this long without being tagged the official mean mom! I think my oldest was 2 and I already had the label;)
I am with you and I don't buy the sugar cereal...maybe every now and then, like on their b-day:)

Kristy said...

It depends on my mood that determines if I buy things like Lucky Charms! I try to avoid it but every once in awhile I will buy them and let the kids go wild!! I do teach college health courses including Nutrition. Yes, I know better...but hey your only a kid once. Right?????

LaRae said...

When I buy sugary sweet cereals they are gone in about 15 minutes, so I stick with the alternative sweets, like you Melanie, frosted mini wheats, honey bunches of oats, Life, honeycombs - I agree that "honey" seems to make it all seem better. I did crave lucky charms when I was pregnant with Ben and would hide a box for myself. I do think it is perfectly acceptable for a big brother to buy such things for a younger sibling. I really hope Marianne gets her Cookie Crisps in the mail soon!

Anonymous said...

Never Fear Marianne. Grandma will buy you whatever cereal you want. You certainly do have a mean Mom, I always see it written on her forehead, especially when she volunteers to be the cookie chairman for Girl Scouts, or takes you shopping at Michaels for card supplies. I think you only qualify for "mean Mother" if one of your kids friend's nominates you. Love Mom