Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Gift I'll Always Remember

I'm usually pretty strict about Christmas presents. Sometimes I let the kids choose their own gifts, especially when it comes to clothes, but I always take them home and wrap them up. They don't get to open presents early, except for one gift on Christmas eve. I choose the present to be opened and somehow it always turns out to be pajamas!

Fortunately, Marianne is not such a stickler.  In fact, she gave me one of my Christmas presents early.  She asked me to reserve Monday night and told me I would be receiving a gift.  After I put Lavender to bed, I came downstairs to find Marianne's music stand set up in the living room.  A few minutes later, her flute teacher, Cheryl, arrived and the two of them gave me the most wonderful gift.  I was feeling generous, so I shared my gift with John and the boys.

All four of us were treated to a beautiful Christmas mini-concert.  Marianne and Cheryl played some lovely duets including:
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
The First Noel
What Child Is This
We Three Kings
Home for the Holidays

The music was so beautiful and it was such a pretty scene with them playing next to the Christmas tree while the lights reflected in their gleaming flutes.  It really was a dream come true to hear my daughter play the songs of Christmas so beautifully.  I am grateful she has such a kind and thoughtful teacher. Thank you Marianne and Cheryl for one of the best gifts I've ever received!


1 comment:

mamagale said...


What a loving gift! You have a sweet and thoughtful daughter.
“Rings and jewels are not gifts, but apologies for gifts. The only true gift is a portion of thyself.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson