| 14.4 lbs. 25 ins. |
I
know clichés sound insincere
But
the words fit perfectly.
She
is my sunshine
The
apple of my eye
My
pride and joy.
I
miss my precious newborn
But
I adore my darling girl
Who
sits up to play,
Eats
carrots and applesauce,
And
takes her pacifier out and in again.
Her voice adds music to my day.
She giggles and chuckles
When we sing or play patty cake.
Screams, squeals, coos and complaints
Sounds I want to remember forever.
Her square,
little feet and
Strong,
chunky legs
Are in
constant motion
Thumping
and kicking shake her bed
A
signal that naptime is over.
Her
keen eyes watch
The
dog and her brother
Waiting
for a chance
To
get her hands on
The
fur or the cereal.
With
a mixture of
Love
and hunger
She
grabs my face
For
fierce, slobbery kisses
That
end in sucking on my chin.
Wide-mouthed smiles given freely
To
strangers, friends and family.
A
shout of recognition
When
Daddy, Marianne or Evan
Enter
the room.
But
her eyes light up
Desperation
mingled with delight
When
she sees my face.
A
special look reserved
Just
for me--
Her
Mama.
2 comments:
She's so lovely.
Beautiful baby and beautiful writing!
Post a Comment