Having three sons, I can really relate to it. I have received more than my fair share of lanyards. I even have a basket full of pebbles and stones in my bathroom. Most of them were collected by my children and the basket was made by Ryan when he earned the basketry merit badge at scout camp. Hundreds of homemade coupons have come my way. Some were cheerfully redeemed, while other times the giver seemed surprised or even resentful that I actually wanted the car washed or the bathroom cleaned. One year I received some from a tricky son with an expiration date that had already passed. Marianne, on the other hand, made a lovely collection of coupons that hung on a ribbon. They were so cute that I left them hanging on my mirror for several years. Last week Evan detailed my incredibly filthy van. He worked for hours scrubbing, removing spots and making everything shine. It was a professional quality job, and it wasn't even Mother's Day! One of my favorite Mother's Day gifts was a homemade card from my 12 year old Aaron that included the word "didactic," which I had to look up in the dictionary. My children have given me many gifts, including an expanded vocabulary.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Gifts from my children (besides the grey hair and stretch marks)
Having three sons, I can really relate to it. I have received more than my fair share of lanyards. I even have a basket full of pebbles and stones in my bathroom. Most of them were collected by my children and the basket was made by Ryan when he earned the basketry merit badge at scout camp. Hundreds of homemade coupons have come my way. Some were cheerfully redeemed, while other times the giver seemed surprised or even resentful that I actually wanted the car washed or the bathroom cleaned. One year I received some from a tricky son with an expiration date that had already passed. Marianne, on the other hand, made a lovely collection of coupons that hung on a ribbon. They were so cute that I left them hanging on my mirror for several years. Last week Evan detailed my incredibly filthy van. He worked for hours scrubbing, removing spots and making everything shine. It was a professional quality job, and it wasn't even Mother's Day! One of my favorite Mother's Day gifts was a homemade card from my 12 year old Aaron that included the word "didactic," which I had to look up in the dictionary. My children have given me many gifts, including an expanded vocabulary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love that poem! It made me laugh until I cried and now I have to share it~I hope you don't mind. Shane made something mysterious for me at Scouts on Wed.--he's guarding it carefully and it's got my curiosity (and my concern) piqued.
Post a Comment