Friday, May 18, 2012

We now interrupt . . .

. . . this regularly scheduled blog post all about my baby to bring you . . .

a shout out to visiting teaching!

I forgot my visiting teachers were coming last night.  I had just gotten my kids and husband off to YW/YM/Scouts when the doorbell rang.  I was trying to settle down my fussy baby and was annoyed to have to get up and answer the door.  I was surprised, but happy to see my visiting teacher.  She immediately took the baby and started walking, rocking, bouncing, soothing etc.  A few minutes later visiting teacher #2 arrived.  When I opened the door, she handed me a beautiful, fragrant loaf of homemade bread!



We had a good visit full of discussion about General Conference, birthdays, missionaries, Mother's Day and culture shock.  When they left, Lavender was asleep and I had a piece (or three) of bread and butter.  Ahhh!

What's your favorite kind of VT visit?

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I have really come to appreciate it lately so much more than in earlier years of my life...i look forward to it now!! And umm..would you mind getting a recipe for that..it looks amazing!

mamagale said...

Awww LOVE Visiting Teachers!

tawnya said...

I wish I had good VT stories. It may help with me not hating the entire program so much...instead I'll live vicariously through others!