Monday, February 6, 2012

In Other News

Whew! That was a whole lot of birth stories.  I tried to keep out anything even remotely graphic to please some of my readers, but for Rachel or anyone else who wants to know about that sign that let me know I was  heading into labor, click  HERE.   I think we'll take a little break from that subject while I tell you what everyone has been up to in the past week.

John spent most of the week in Orlando.  Sounds like fun, but he was in meetings the whole time. He did get to go to Sea World one evening, but everything was closed. It was okay though, because everyone got to help with a service project.  They worked in teams to build prosthetic hands.  These were not life-like prosthetics, rather they were basic open and close models that could grasp and pick up items.  I believe they were donated to those in need.  John really enjoyed that experience.  We missed him and were glad to have him back home!

My excitement for the week was getting my hair done.  It had been too long!  I also had my weekly doctor's appointment and found out that I now get to go in for non-stress tests twice a week.  I had my first two and it is pretty simple--just monitoring and everything looks good.  I went ahead and scheduled them for the rest of the month.  I figured I had better plan ahead since I now have 3 appointments a week.

Molly got her wisdom teeth out last week.  Not a fun time, but everything went well and now it's over!  We got to help out with the girls while Ryan was at work and Molly was getting a little rest and recovering.  The girls were really good and cute as ever.  Leighton loved the baby swing at the park and laughed every time Evan gave her a gentle push.  Brianne, on the other hand was a little nervous about the swings.  She did like it when Evan pushed her really fast in the stroller though.  Go figure!

Brianne smelling a flower before our walk
Later that day, Marianne was sitting on the piano bench talking to me.  Brianne came over and insisted that Marianne move.  Her vocabulary is still growing, but she made it very clear than she wanted Marianne to get off the piano bench.  As soon as Marianne got up, Brianne carefully set her little Duplo lego guy on the bench and went on happily playing.  Apparently that was HIS seat that Marianne was sitting in!

Aaron sends us emails once a week on his p-day.  We all look forward to Mondays!  Last week he told us that at the end of Sacrament Meeting in the Korean branch, his companion mentioned that the whole meeting had been about missionary work.  Aaron was surprised and had no idea that had been the topic!  He asked me to order a Korean dictionary and grammar book for him.  Ha!  I emailed him his birth story from my blog and he responded today saying he had no idea there was so much involved.  He just thought he happened to be the "good, easy baby."


Marianne's highlight of the week was getting her braces off!  When I picked her up at the orthodontist, it looked like her birthday.  She had balloons, a Target gift card, movie passes, a frozen yogurt gift card and a gift certificate for a professional photo shoot.  All I remember getting was a retainer!

Before
After

Doesn't she look great?!

Evan got to go to Knott's Berry Farm for completing all the work in his Pyramid Project class.  He loved all the rollercoasters and especially the "Windseeker" ride which is like a giant swing ride.  He saw a fellow rider lose his phone in the water below the ride.  He said it was funny, but not if it's your phone. He has also been playing basketball with the YM in the stake and our ward's team made it to the championship game.    They lost by just one point!  He has been riding his bike to the games, which makes his mom very nervous because it is often dark outside.  He does wear a reflective vest to appease me and stays on the sidewalks on the major streets.  He assures me this is necessary since he is training for a triathalon. His father agrees, so I have been outvoted.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks! I have been feeling pretty dumb. I didn't have that little signal with either of my kids, haha, although I remember waiting for it with Charlie.

tawnya said...

Ugh. Twice a week non-stress tests. Oh, how I hated the drive to Balboa 2x/ week for those! Not the highlight, that's for sure...

Debbie said...

I have some fun pictures from Knott's. I need to ask Charlotte how to get them out of my camera. It was a blast and since there was an even number of people for the rides, I got to hold their stuff. YES!!! I did go on three rides, including the bumper cars.

Maren said...

I hope your dr is close, 2x a week must be a pain. Marianne does look so pretty, lucky girl!