Thursday, December 1, 2011

The News You've Been Waiting For

Well, maybe not, but it is definitely the news I have been waiting for! John and I went to my doctor's appointment this morning hopeful that the baby would be a little more cooperative this time. I knew that my doctor had delivered my friend's baby earlier this morning and she told us it was a little boy named Samuel. As she started the ultrasound, the baby still wasn't giving us a clear view. I was disappointed, when suddenly she said, "Well it looks like we have a little girlfriend for Sam." It took me a second to realize what she meant. "It's a girl?!" Yep, it's a girl!

Marianne and Evan were at classes at our commonwealth school today. Marianne wanted me to text her with the news. I told her I wanted to surprise them when they got home. They didn't like that idea, but I didn't make any promises. After my appointment, John and I decided to drive over and tell them in person. The timing was perfect since they were having their lunch break. They were surprised to see us and I had them come out to the car to see the ultrasound photo. We told them they were the first to know!

Now the news is out and we're tickled pink.

9 comments:

The Bradley's said...

How exciting! Glad she was cooperative.

Amber said...

I am so very excited for you!!! Congrats!!

Laura said...

So happy for you. Congrats!!

Kristy said...

Congratulations~ So lucky for you to have two girls!!

Janae said...

So wonderful! congratulations! So excited for your family:)

tawnya said...

Congrats!!!

Rachel said...

What a party with all those baby girls!

Bryn said...

I can just picture the matching dresses now! I am so excited for you! Hooray!!!!!

ferntyler said...

So exciting! Girls are the best (shh, don't tell Fox I said that :))