Monday, November 8, 2010

WWF Tryout

This afternoon Evan was driving me crazy. Not a funny kind of crazy--a disobedient, not listening kind of crazy. I was really about it lose it! Knowing that 12 year old boys respond best to physical stimulus (haven't you watched deacons punch each other incessantly?) I grabbed Evan and put him in a headlock.

Evan: Stop tickling me Mom!

Me: I'm not tickling you, I'm trying to strangle you. Aren't you scared?

Evan: Laughter

Me: I guess I'm not very good at headlocks. Tries another time. How's this for fierce?

Evan: More laughter You're terrifying!!

Once he quit laughing he was kind enough to give me a few pointers on headlocks and headlock avoidance strategies. I guess it might come in handy if I'm ever in deacon's quorum.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Doesn't that make you so glad you never have to go to scout camp?

Kristin said...

Next time we are together I can give you some tips on how to open up a can, I can take down any 12 year old boy! I actually took my nephew dow and he ate dirt!!! I'm so proud!

Unknown said...

I. Love. You. And, I will give my official permission to get Elizabeth into a headlock when she is late for class again. ;)