Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pick a number between 1 & 12

A few months ago, I wrote this post about a recipe for choosing to live joyfully. I recently read a wonderful article by Ezra Taft Benson where he explains that the Lord has provided at least "a dozen ways which, if followed, will lift our spirits and send us on our way rejoicing!"
  1. Repentance
  2. Prayer
  3. Service
  4. Work
  5. Health
  6. Reading
  7. Blessing
  8. Fasting
  9. Friends
  10. Music
  11. Endurance
  12. Goals
I really needed my spirits lifted today! Fortunately I had #3 & 4 already on my calendar. I had signed up to work at the Bishop's Storehouse. As a bonus, I got to experience #9 as I worked alongside a friend in our homeschool group, my daughter, my niece and a young man in our ward. Not to mention the fact that one of the service missionaries made a delicious lunch for us!

Which number is your favorite way to lift your spirits and rejoice?

2 comments:

tawnya said...

Blessings. Nothing seems to serve as a balm quite like a blessing to focus on what's important. I sometimes think I rely on them TOO often, but is there really such a thing?

Annalisa said...

when you said pick a number, i picked 5...then i kept reading your post. 'health' has been on my mind lately and so i'll have to work on the others too. smiles!