Sunday, May 2, 2010

Chips From He!!

Actually, the chips are good. It's the bag I hate!

Last night Evan and I went to see a fun production of You're A
Good Man Charlie Brown. On the way there, we stopped at Target to pick up a few things and I told Evan he could get a snack to munch on during the play. When we got out to the car, I was startled by a horrible rustling noise. Evan explained that Sun Chips now come in a "green" bag. The bag even has a little warning label: "Louder because it's compostable!"
And believe me, they're not kidding.

Evan loved the noisiness of the bag and took great glee in tormenting me on the way to the show. But when got there, even he admitted, "Mom, I can't take this bag inside. There's no way I can get a chip out without the bag crackling."
He solved the problem by dumping his chips into a plastic (non-compostable, but very quiet) Target bag.

Today after church he went around the house annoying his sister and me with the empty and now even LOUDER bag. I finally told him to get rid of it.
And because we aren't currently composting,
he threw it in the trash.

I'm all for going "green"
but not at the price of my sanity!

7 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

I HATE that bag! We even had a 10 minute conversation last night with some friends about how they all hate that darn bag. The checkers at Costco really hate it too. I wonder if their sales will go down.....

Maren said...

I totally agree! Seriously there has got to be a quieter way to composte! I picked some up at the grocery store, then put them back because it was driving me crazy in the cart!

Kristin said...

that is hilarious, and sounds just like something my boy would do!! I should get some of those for my mother in law she is on this composting kick right now!

Katie said...

I know!! We bought them at Sam's, so we had two bags. I thought I was going to lose it. The most annyoing sound ever!!
Very tasty chips however...

Janae said...

hmmm....this sounds very annoying, and even for a very tasty chip, probably not worth the annoyance! I am think there sales of this chip are definitely going down. I can see how the bag would be fun to torture/tease someone with though;)

ferntyler said...

that is so funny! I haven't seen them yet, but I'm going to have to go tomorrow, just to hear them - sounds like the perfect morning snack to sneak into my church bag, ha ha

Shonda said...

After reading your post, Larkin and I specifically went looking for these chips at the store last week! Oh my goodness! You are so right! They are the most obnoxious chips ever! The sound set my teeth on edge and made me shudder.