Here are a few action shots by Aaron
from our tropical performance
of Shakespeare's As You Like It!
Rosalind (in blue) and Celia (Marianne in red)
aboard the cruise ship.
Since we had a class of 14 girls and 3 boys,
we had to change the gender of most of the characters.
Our feminine version of Touchstone was modeled after the Chiquita banana lady!
from our tropical performance
of Shakespeare's As You Like It!
Rosalind (in blue) and Celia (Marianne in red)
aboard the cruise ship.
we had to change the gender of most of the characters.
Our feminine version of Touchstone was modeled after the Chiquita banana lady!
This close up shows you why my beautiful daughter is not allowed
to wear makeup until she is 30!
to wear makeup until she is 30!
It really was a wonderful experience for me.
We have amazing scholars in our class.
How many 12 -15 year olds can perform Shakespeare?!
They understood what they were saying and it showed in their performance.
I am grateful for their dedication and for their hardworking parents.
I am also grateful for my patient husband who supported me
while I spent 20 -50 hours per week on this production.
Finally, thanks to my sister Jenny who was the world's best producer.
She put in at least as many hours as me!
2 comments:
I am happy the play is over, but also super sad. I loved doing the play, and I loved my part as Captain Sonia. As soon as Sword of Freedom is over, I think I will write a post about the play, and include lots of pictures! I’m very, very, very excited that you will be teaching Classical Acting Next year, because I love having you as my teacher!
What a great project! The kids were the best actors ever. They had such a good time performing. As Grandma, I especially enjoyed watching the fruits of the labors of many; particularly Melanie, Jenny, Alyssa, Evan, Marianne & Emma and of course all the wonderful young actors.
Post a Comment