Lesson #1 - If you've committed to give up sugar for a week, don't let your daughter near a cookbook like this:
She'll probably tease you by reading aloud recipes that include phrases such as "one of the most tempting cookie combinations ever" or "crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and packed with chocolate"
*******
Lesson #2 - If you love chocolate so much that giving it up for a week sounds like a life sentence, don't bother reading cookbooks like these:
(And yes, these are actual descriptions of sugar-free desserts!)
*******
Lesson #3 - The Phantom of the Opera is named Erik.

I discovered this on Saturday night while watching the 1925 silent version of the film accompanied by the San Diego Symphony.
We even got to eat popcorn (in the usually no-food-allowed symphony hall)!
Thank goodness there's no sugar in popcorn.
I was surprised by the ending when "Erik" is beaten by an angry mob and thrown in the Seine. This was definitely not Andrew Lloyd Webber.
********
Lesson #4 - The longer you spend in Primary, the better it is!
I've spent about 24 years there, more than half my life.
I actually started in Primary a year early at age two.
At age 42, I still love it.
I love the kids (especially the ones who can fall asleep sitting up in a chair!).
I love the teachers, the stories, the activities, the music and all the lessons the children teach me.
I love the teachers, the stories, the activities, the music and all the lessons the children teach me.
What lessons did you learn this weekend?
8 comments:
"an intriguing texture" Ha! That made me laugh out loud! :)
I love primary, too. I moved up with my little Sunbeams and now they are CTR 5. I've served in primary in some form (including activity days and nursery) for the last 9 years. Love it, but I do enjoy and miss RS lessons.
Have you ever kept a gratitude journal? I'm thinking I need to keep a "learning" journal and jot down a few things I've learned every day. Hmmm. Thanks for the inspiration, friend! :)
Thanks for offering to lend me your cookbooks. Oh my, they don't have great editors if that's what they think readers want to read! Good luck on your chocolate goal. That is something I tried once when Brandon was born (the doctor told me it was best for the baby), but decided it wasn't worth the PAIN when the other two came. You can see who my favorite is, right?! No, not the boy, the CHOCOLATE! hee, hee!!!
I actually have one of those no sugar cook books! It didn't last too long here...but good luck:)
I was intrigued about the Phantom experience...definitely not Andrew L. Weber! It looks like it might be fun to see a different version.
You have been in primary longer than me...Thanks for your happy message about the wonderful things in primary...I needed it after this Sunday:)
You are a strong woman to give up chocolate. I tried to give chocolate up when I first had Hudson. Christmas is a bad time for that goal. I went against the doctor and decided a fussy baby all night was worth having fudge through the day. After it was all over I couldn't tell a difference in him when I did or didn't have chocolate:) Perhaps its the chocolate running through his veins that makes him a little bouncy during sharing time.
the sleeping in the chair was my favorite this week - I was going to say I bet that doesn't happen in Relief Society, but you never know :)
no sugar for a week is a lofty goal - your sweet daughter only strengthened your resolve with her attempts at temptation, right?
I learned not to leave my laptop any where near bonnie, i learned this after she chucked it off of my couch! Sad Broken laptop!!
I'm still hanging in there without sugar! Yesterday I even had to bake pumpkin bread and cookies for a homeschool event. I decided to just enjoy the wonderful smell without tasting.
This is Debbie, EXCELLENT. I tried this years ago, I ended up with a headache at some point. Which just goes to show how "addicting" sugar can be. Ummmm...maybe I'll try again, next week.
Post a Comment