Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Ordinary Day

It was just an ordinary day, but then our days are always extraordinary with Lavender around. The kids and I had dental appointments today and we weren't sure how Lavender would do. We talked about it and even practiced opening our mouths. I also told her that we would get to go choose a prize from the store on the way home from the dentist. Still, we were all unsure what would happen when we got there.

Things got off to a good start in the waiting room. She liked the little table and chairs, the music that was playing and the coloring book they let her use. While I was having X-rays, Lavender watched Marianne get her teeth cleaned. Then it was her turn and Evan came in with her. She followed instructions and was able to have an exam, cleaning and flouride treatment. We were all pleasantly surprised!

At the store she chose this little stroller and she played happily with it all afternoon. It is now parked next to her bed for the night. At one point this evening I gave her a hug and asked her how she got so cute.

She replied, "Jesus made my body cute." Then she added, "He makes everyone's bodies cute."

It was so sweet and very true! I sure do love that girl of mine!

No comments: