April 7th was a perfect Saturday! We had beautiful, warm weather and most of our family gathered together for Lavender's blessing. I was especially grateful that my brothers traveled long distances to be with us on this special day.
First we got our sweet girl dressed.
This slip was made by Grandma Anne nearly 16 years ago for Marianne's blessing.
This quilt was also made by my mom.
She was covered in lace and ribbons from head to toe
She looks beautiful, but not too happy!
We had a little mother daughter talk (and a drink of milk) before heading downstairs.
It must have worked because she didn't make a peep during her blessing.
Afterwards she fell asleep.
Her Daddy gave her a lovely blessing, surrounded by all these priesthood holders who love her.
| Uncle Brian, home teacher Br. Warren, Bishop Mendenhall, Uncle David, Daddy with Lavender, Uncle Scott, Uncle Jason, Grandpa Bob and big brother Ryan. |
After the blessing, we ate a great lunch (Thanks Marianne, Denise and Carolyn!)
and then visited Mom's grave at the cemetery.
That evening we headed to the Stake Center for my niece Cammi's baptism and confirmation.
We are a happy family!
3 comments:
Looks like a beautiful day! Lavendar is precious and I love the picture with Cami at the bottom holding our her dress... so cute!
What a wonderful Day! She is a beautiful baby, and I can tell she has a very sweet spirit.
What a special day! I'm a huge fan of the intimate blessings. None of my kids were blessed during church (not on purpose, variety of reasons). I am grateful they weren't. I am grateful you had this experience! So tender to have both blessing and baptism in the same day.
Post a Comment