Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Our Musical Weekend

Friday
Evan and John went to the symphony to hear Liszt's piano concertos.  Marianne was watching the movie Gandhi with her class from our commonwealth school and I was home alone listening to the rain.

Saturday
Evan performed a piano solo "Machines on the Loose" at the Popular Music Festival.  He also won the door prize:  A Charlie Brown Christmas CD, which he promptly put on his ipod.


That evening he performed with the San Diego Mormon Youth Choir at the Vista Stake fine arts festival.  Marianne, John and I got to go play with Brianne, Leighton and Molly.  Actually it was John and Brianne who played on the playground while the rest of us sat and talked while Leighton napped.

Sunday
Evan sang with the San Diego Mormon Youth Choir at an interfaith choir festival.  Marianne and I were home sick with colds.

Monday
Marianne and Evan sang with a homeschool choir at a Veteran's Day concert at a local middle school.

I thought it was funny that all of these musical events were scheduled for the same weekend!  I also thought it was funny that only two girls performed in the popular music festival. Thanks to the teachers, conductors and musicians who made it all possible.  And thanks to my sweet husband for driving everyone around where they needed to be.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Gandhi, that is a great movie!!