Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Real Name

Recently I was at Jamba Juice.  The place was pretty empty, so I could tell when my "Peach Perfection" was ready and I stood up to walk towards the counter.  I expected the girl to call my name, but instead she started giggling and called over the employee who had taken my order.  I hesitated, but finally went to the counter as they whispered back and forth and giggled even more.  When I reached the counter I heard one girl say, "I just missed one letter."  The other girl whispered, "I knew THAT couldn't be her name."

I put my hand out for my smoothie and asked, "Does that say 'Meanie'?"  Both girls looked embarrassed and I laughed.  "Don't worry," I explained.  "I know all the typos for my name."

But if you ask my kids on the wrong day, they would assure you it is spelled correctly.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Oh that is hilarious!

BTW, I saw you walking with your sister in the rain. You guys are some serious gals!! I'm impressed!