She was admitted Wednesday night and seemed to be improving on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday they gave her a sedative before an MRI and unfortunately she had a very bad reaction to the medication. We are waiting for her to get it out of her system and get back on track.
Please keep her in your prayers. Recovering from meningitis is a long, rocky road.
Evan said some very funny things during his illness and my mom is no different. Yesterday, Jenny asked her if she was hungry. She answered "Yes" and then in a very sad voice she said, "But I don't know how to get un-hungry!"
You can read about Evan's hospitalization HERE
You can learn more about meningitis HERE
I am very grateful that I experienced Evan's illness because it prepared me to help my Mom. They wanted to send her home from the emergency room, but I listed her symptoms and suggested a spinal tap to diagnose meningitis. Somehow that got the doctor's attention and he finally listened to us. More about gratitude and meningitis HERE.
Again, I would really appreciate your prayers for my parents at this time.
7 comments:
Sorry to hear about your mom. Talking with Jenny it sounded like things were going a little better. How blessed she is to have you both near by to advocate for her. Your families will be in our prayers.
debbie pond
Prayers coming your way right now! Give your mom a hug for me!
I'm so sorry your mom is going through this! I will keep her and your dear family in my prayers!
We will be praying for her! She is an amazing woman.
Thinking of you, Sister F! I called my mother and told her to make sure the RS president in the ward is aware. =)
Our prayers are with you!
Twice in one family is plenty. I'm so sorry, I had it when I was little too. Its rough. We'll pray for her, and the rest of the family
Post a Comment