Thursday, September 2, 2010

Awesome August

August started off with one of my least favorite events--
my birthday.
Thank goodness I have a sweet husband who took me on a quick overnight getaway,
a Mom who took me out for the world's most delicious soup
(Cheesecake Factory's Wild Mushroom)
and a sister who knows how to keep birthdays exciting!
(and yes, that is a real knife)
Plus, we got Red Velvet Nothing Bundt cake. YUM!

Later in the month, I headed to St. George for a reunion with 6 of my friends from Lancaster. I haven't seen some of them since we moved over 14 years ago. This is an amazing group of women and we had a blast catching up.


We even went to see Tarzan at Tuacahn.
Here we are with Kerchak, King of the Apes.
I don't usually stand this close to bare-chested, sweaty men, but we had to get a picture after this great show!


We finished up the month with a trip to Utah to take Aaron back to BYU.
On the way, we visited the Grand Canyon.
It was peaceful and beautiful and deserves a post of it's own.
For now, I'll show you just one picture--the view from our cabin.
Can you believe it?
I thought they were exagerating when the reservation said "Rim Side"


After the Grand Canyon, we caravanned with my mom and grandma the rest of the way to Provo.
Here is a 4 generation picture of "the girls".

Whew! It was a fun, busy month.

5 comments:

Janae said...

You guys had a very fun/busy August! I love all the pictures. Your birthday picture with Jenny is too fun. I also love the four generation shot you got! That is awesome. I would love to visit the Grand Canyon, but never been...hopefully someday:)

jessica said...

Happy, happy birthday, Melanie!

Kristy said...

It looks like you had a great trip! I would love that cabin info at the Grand Canyon. It was really fun to see you. Thanks for coming by!

Katie said...

I love nothing bunt cakes! I tried to make it once, and it was a disaster! Hope you had a great birthday!!

ferntyler said...

i can't believe that view from the Grand Canyon - we just went, and our view was pretty, but not even close to the rim! really had a great time, though, and can't wait to hear more about your trip :)