Last week I got on my Amazon account to order some books for the Classical Acting project I'm teaching this fall. Actually, I didn't get on my Amazon account. Every time I signed in, I got that bright red "incorrect password" message. (On a side note, I hate that Amazon message because it tries to be helpful by saying, "Perhaps you originally set up your account at work, and now you're shopping using your personal account". For some reason it really annoys me.)
Anyway, I kept trying to sign in. It wouldn't work and I was getting really frustrated because I KNEW I was using the correct password. I even tried shouting at the computer, "This has been my Amazon password for YEARS! I know it works!" It was then that I started doubting my sanity or wondering if I had early onset Alzheimers. How could I have forgotten my password? What is wrong with me?!
Finally, out of desperation I started trying alternate passwords that I've used in the past. Eventually one of them worked. By that point, I didn't even care that I was crazy. I was just grateful to get onto my account. After I ordered my books I tried to put the whole thing out of my mind!
A few days later, John told me that he had ordered me a special birthday present through Amazon. I was surprised because he never uses Amazon.
"Did you finally set up an account?" I asked.
"No" he answered. "I just used yours. I did have to change the password though. Did you notice?"
Did I notice?!! I was about to tell him EXACTLY how much I noticed, but Evan interrupted with a perfect imitation of me whining, "But this has been my password for YEARS! I know it works!"
And just so you know, my kids are currently singing Gnarls Barkley's Crazy, and have changed the lyrics to "My mom is craaaaazy!"
Here's the video in case you want to try singing along with their lyrics.
9 comments:
I think you're crazy....
Your a crazy girl :)
"I remember... I remember when my mother lost her mind...."
It's okay to be crazy sometimes!
Oh, Melanie. That was funny...
The comments, helped, too!
You must have had a birthday and your older age is showing!
Haha!!! I am going to start singing that one to my mom.
That is so funny! I hate it when I can't remember passwords, it drives me crazy too, but I don't always remember them, which drives me crazy even more!
Post a Comment