Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Very Important Quiz!

1. Do you believe in the atonement of the Savior, Jesus Christ?

2. Do you have a brother or a son?

3. Are you a wife or mother?

4. Do you work with children or youth at church or in another setting?

5. Do you enjoy reading (1 point for each):
  • stories
  • scriptures
  • poetry
  • science
  • research statistics
  • quotes from Lord of the Rings
  • quotes from General Authorities
  • personal experiences
6. Do you want to be prepared for the future?

7. Do you want to be a force for good in the world?

8. Are you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?



To find your score, give yourself 1 point for each "yes" answer.

If you scored:

1-3 points, you'll want to read He Restoreth My Soul

4-6 points, you really, really need to read He Restoreth My Soul

7-15 points, you absolutely, positively can't wait to read He Resoreth My Soul!

16+ points, you might need to work on your addition, but you definitely must read He Restoreth My Soul!


This is such an awesome book that I bought a whole case and have them in my dining room! Actually, I just have half a case now. I've given away half of the case to family and friends.

Now, I'd like to give YOU a copy. Why? This book opened my eyes and helped me understand things in a new way. Even more importantly, it gave me HOPE!

If you would like a copy, just leave a comment or email me. I will mail or deliver a copy of He Restoreth My Soul. I will also include a bookmark I'm making that directs you to some of the "highlights" of the book, just in case you're not ready to jump in and read the whole thing right now. I read over 100 books in 2009 and (next to The Book of Mormon) He Restoreth My Soul was the best book I read last year!

PS Please feel free to let your friends know about my giveaway or link to this post!

16 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

Wow - I always love new books!

Rachel said...

Sounds interesting... if you still have any left! =)

Larkin said...

Wow, Melanie! Really? I would love to read it. :)

Kim & Brian's Adventures said...

I've not heard of the book, but I seem to have scored the right number to read it. Ha! Got any left? If not, I'll order one. With a raving review like that, from someone like you, it is a must read!

Melanie said...

I've got plenty of books. I'm finishing the bookmarks tonight and I'll get them to everyone soon.

Angie said...

I am always looking for good books! I would love to read it! Thanks!

Shonda said...

That comment from "Larkin" was actually from me! That keeps happening all over the web... I don't think she would call you Melanie unless she called you Queen Melanie! LOL

jessica said...

It looks like a great book. Is is written by someone you know?

Bryn said...

It's a good one for sure. Time to get the word out and get everybody educated on the topic.

Melanie said...

The author, Donald Hilton is a neurosurgeon who lives in Texas. I have never met him, but when I gave my brother a copy of the book he was surprised and told me that the Hiltons live in his ward. He says they are amazing people dedicated to serving the Lord.

I am buying copies of his book and giving them away because most of us want to avoid this topic and think it is something that won't effect us. The truth is, eventually it will impact all of us in one way or another. We need to understand and be prepared now. We need to stand up and fight for our families and for the Lord and we can't do that if we are in the dark or in denial.

Kristin said...

I'd love a copy! I need some summer books!

Laura said...

I'm super late, but I scored 12 and I'm the 12th commenter, does that score me anything??

Melanie said...

Yes, Laura you scored a book! I'll bring it to Cub Day camp this afternoon.

I have gotten the books out to some, but not all of you. Sorry so be so slow. I've been out of town most of the last two weeks. I am working on sending/giving out books today.

debbie pond said...

Any more left? Sheree keeps on telling me about it. I need to read it. debbie

Quinn and Suzanne said...

Hi Melanie! I just found your blog via your email response to the visiting teaching interview reminder. :) I'm sure you've long since given all your books away, but if you still have the bookmarks, or an electronic copy even, I'd love to get one.
Glad I found your blog!
Suzanne Disparte

Quinn and Suzanne said...

Hi Melanie,
I found your blog via your response to the visiting teaching interview reminder. :) I'm sure you've long since given all your copies of the book away, but if you still have the bookmarks - even an electronic copy - I'd love to get one!
Suzanne Disparte