6 P's of Personal Peace
1. Prayer - meaningful pleading prayer
2. Page - at least a page of scripture study
3. Ponder - reflection on the atonement and blessings
4. Praise - genuine expression of appreciation
5. Play - take time to enjoy life, non-persuasive family fun
6. Purity - fill your mind with edifying thoughts and music
Pretty good advice, don't you think?
As I looked over this list, I realized that I actually was doing most of these on a daily basis. I could pat myself on the back, except that I STILL wasn't finding peace.
So I decided to step things up. I started a new Book of Mormon reading plan that's been pretty challenging for me. I highly recommend it if you need a spiritual boost!
I also realized that "Play" is my weakest area. But how was I going to find more time to play?? I couldn't come up with a solution, but fortunately Heavenly Father did! My next post will be all about play.

In the meantime I'd love to hear what brings you peace!
9 comments:
Fresh air....in nature that is. At the beach in the mountains, on a walk.....Good luck with your quest I am on one too.
I LOVED that list and lost the card in the move. Thanks for the reminder.
Peace, for me, comes when I'm home. With a clear schedule. And in becomming more simplistic in life.
Nothing bring me peace like when my WHOLE house is clean. I has only happend a number of times since I had to let my cleaning lady go. There was nothing mre peaceful to me thatn sitting down in the afternoon with a quiet CLEAN house. I miss those days. I hope to get them back someday!!
What a great reminder!
That is a good list. Thanks for sharing! I like walks while thinking of my blessings for peace. Today I got to sew and listen to the R.S. Broadcast that brought me peace AND happiness. I hope you find the peace that you are seeking.
For me real peace comes in quiet moments when I’m not really looking for it. It could happen when I’m sitting in a restaurant looking out the window or drinking a glass of milk in the kitchen after emptying the dishwasher or waiting for a soccer or piano practice to end or simply zoning out at the computer. There’s an attendant grace to this moment that lightly falls like a shawl around my shoulders, a kind of gentle presence that signals I am not alone; all is right in my world; my trials and tribulations will pass in a blink of an eye. This kind of peace is a gift, a reminder of the kind of peace that awaits us all; to have it surround you all the time would cheapen it and rob you of the fullness of the experiences and lessons that are yours to master. To taste it, touch it, breathe it for just one fleeting moment is to remember who you truly are and who you are becoming.
Of course, a semi-clean and temporarily kid-free house, a piece of chocolate, a good book, and time to read it is usually as good as it gets!
Hi Melanie--I just found your blog and really enjoyed it! I can relate to the quest for peace. A little piece of peace came for me when I found MSA for my kids. (Or rather was led to MSA) Thank you for the good work you are doing.
great post - peace can be hard to come by. For me, the "play" piece is pretty important. I usually feel the best when I do something I really enjoy - totally selfish, even if i drag the kids along - (mini golf, the beach with a magazine, even working out are my favorites) - just something to remember that I am my own person, not necessarily defined by my role that day (mom, primary, you get the idea)
i love the page a day. seems less daunting.
it doesn't make things simple, but there are also the 8 Hs, 6 Bs, and a few others floating around our stake too...all are good.
Post a Comment