Elder Ryan entered the MTC today!
Yesterday was a weird day.
We sent Marianne off to YW Girls' Camp for the first time and we took Ryan to the airport, knowing that it will be two years before we see him again.
It didn't feel like we were sending him off on a mission because he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts. But I knew that his suitcases were full of white shirts and ties!
My brother David picked Ryan up at the airport and was his companion for almost 24 hours.
This morning he dropped him off at the MTC.
9 comments:
Ok, I'm seriously bawling for you as I read this...not joking! I am really worried about myself in let's say 15 yrs! What a great kid! He is going to be a fabulous missionary. People are just drawn to his light.
I spent the morning looking at Ryan's photo albums while crying and wondering what happened to my baby!
I am sure glad I read your blog, otherwise I wouldn't know anything. I see David every week and I hear nothing! Anyway, that is really exciting. I still don't understand the sad thing only because if my kids make it on missions I will be jumping up and down for joy, but hopefully someday I'll understand the sadness. I am still at the stage where I don't think they will ever grow up and be capable adults, I mean I still have to force most of them to bathe!
Oh Melanie! That is such a bittersweet day isn't it? He is going to be such a great missionary! Now we get to start the countdown right?
Did he end up taking the flute? I told him he should take it, conversion through music.
I can't believe you have a missionary now! I am sure your house has felt so weird this week with he & Marianne away. Ryan is going to be an absolutely amazing missionary! Hang in there!
How exciting!!! He'll be awesome!!! 2 big milestones in a week has to be emotionally taxing.
Wow! This is so exciting, yet i know so emotional. I love the pictures of him at the MTC sign. Awesome!
Congrats Missionary Mom!
Post a Comment