At first I seemed to be immune to this malady, but last night I was up until after midnight due to a fever. The worst part of it was that I went to bed earlier than everyone else in my family. Thank goodness it's summertime because . . .
Everyone in my family has caught Olympic Fever!
Your family may become infected too. Here are the symptoms to watch for:
Intense family discussions about the ages of Chinese gymnasts.Your 10 year old can recite every word of the Visa card commercial that ends with "Visa, a proud sponsor of the Olympic games and the only card accepted there."
Your new goldfish is named Phelps.
You suddenly don't have a problem with your husband and teenage sons watching women play volleyball in bikinis.
Your daughter has become a huge Michael Phelps fan. (Case in point: As I typed this, I said, "Wait, what's the last name of that swimmer?" With a shocked look on her face Marianne replied, "Mom, you forgot Michael Phelps name?! Everyone knows him!!")
If your family catches this disease, don't worry. It will likely go into remission for 4 years (well maybe only 2. We love ice skating & skiing too.)
3 comments:
I'm up right now with the same problem - you were kidding about forgetting michael phelps' name, though, right? those chinese gymnasts are totally not 16, and those volleyball players are in awesome shape! Funny thing is that I'm recording the Olympics so I could watch it anytime, yet I can't hold out..
Right there with you! If I want to get sleep any given night, I have to turn the tv off and keep it off. LOVE IT! Phelps is amazing! I am so excited to hear that Misty May and Walsh are planning to start families soon. We can expect more volleyball stars in the future! Didn't expect to get hooked but,....
LOL, love the comment about the women's volleyball...i'd add letting the girls watch the men's diving. eke! i think our favorite sport is track & their uniforms aren't much better. if i really did want to race in 2012, i'm totally coming up with an outfit that is modest and will see help me beat the wr in the 1500m dash. lol.
Post a Comment